About Mary L. Maxion
Ms. Maxion joined Eadie + Payne as a staff accountant in 2017 and has been promoted to supervisor in 2018. Ms. Maxion demonstrates a strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, as well as governmental auditing standards. She has proven herself to be a valuable key team player by undertaking challenging assignments and overcoming them through efficient planning, sound decision making, and effective communicating, both internally and externally.
Ms. Maxion served on the following audits:
- City of Compton
- City of Oxnard
- San Bernardino Special Districts
- Inland Counties Regional Center, Inc.
- Southern California Professional Golfers’ Association Foundation, Inc.
- TuffStuff Fitness International Inc.
- Ultimate Internet Access, Inc.
- Partners Advantage Insurance LLC
- Central Valley Almond Association
- Calcot, Ltd.
- Cal Bean & Grain Coop Inc.
- Ventura Pacific Coop
- Fisher Family Properties, LLC
- Ms. Maxion is currently running the firm’s largest government audit client for which she serves as the first point of contact to the client. She is in charge of working with the City Controller’s office to resolve the major discrepancies from prior fiscal years to bring them current. She holds regular status update presentations for City Management and she was the key player in assessing weaknesses in internal control by conducting interviews with department heads, documenting procedures, observations, and control testing. Ms. Maxion has led the team in processing and documenting over 200 findings, including interpreting State Controller’s internal control findings. Ms. Maxion also assigns and supervises staff to complete work on multi-year engagements concurrently. She works with various City departments to manage the audit workflow and communications of requested items in relation to the engagement.RECENT RELEVANT CPE:
AICPA –GAQC Update 2017, 2018
AICPA – Single Audit Fundamentals, Parts 1-4, 2017
CSMFO – The Coleman Report, 2018
CSMFO – Avoiding the Pitfalls: Common Financial Reporting Deficiencies and Latest GASB Implementation Guidance, 2018
CSMFO – The Future of IT and Smart Cities, 2018
CSMFO – District 9! Risk and Compliance in Special Districts, 2018
CSMFO – GASB Revisits the Financial Reporting Model, 2018
CSMFO – Debt Disclosure Policies, 2018